WHAT IS CBD?
Cannabidiol (CBD) is often referred to as a “phytocannabinoid.” Phytocannabinoids are plant derivatives that contain a number of diverse chemical compounds that can affect appetite, metabolism, pain sensation, inflammation, thermoregulation, vision, mood, and memory.
- CBD is a cannabinoid that is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis plant.
- The cannabinoids produced within the body’s endocannabinoid system are known as endocannabinoids (such as arachidonoylethanolamine, virodhamine, and many others).
- CBD is one of 85 chemical substances known as acannabinoids, found in the cannabis and hemp plant.
- Synthentic cannabinoids can also be manufactured in Laboraotories that reflect the same chemical make up as those found in the hemp plant.
Please note that phytocannabinoids are any plant-derived product capable of either or both of the following:
- Interacting directly with cannabinoid receptors.
- Having chemical similarities with cannabinoids that give them access to interact with other components of the ECS.
WHERE DOES CBD COME FROM?
- CBD is extracted and separated from specific varieties of cannabis, most often known as hemp.
- CBD is the second most abundant compound in hemp, typically representing up to 40% of its extracts.
- CBD is extracted in oil form and is often found mixed in hemp oil extracts in varying concentrations
HOW IS CBD USED?
- CBD oil has become an accepted means of relief from anxiety and inflammation, among a variety of other ailments.
- CBD has beneficial effects on neurodegeneration, autoimmune disorders, heart, and liver health, while also working with a number of other organs and cells within the body.
WHAT ARE EDIBLES?
Edibles are CBD infused products that can be consumed either sublingually (absorbing through the salivary glands) or eaten and pass through the digestive tract of the stomach.
HOW TO USE?
Choose type of edible and serving of CBD, allow to dissolve in mouth or chew and swallow. Benefits:
- Ease of Use: While other CBD product types can be quite intimidating, there’s no such problem with CBD edibles. If you’ve ever eaten a candy bar or a handful of gummy bears, you know what you’re doing.
- Fast Acting, Long-Lasting: Sublingual absorbtion is the best way to get CBD into the blood stream. Edibles can work relatively quickly, and the effects can last for as long as twelve hours, depending on the strength.
- Range of Flavors: CBD edibles are a great way to mask the taste of hemp and through the wide variety available you are sure to find something that works for you.
- High Concentration: Edibles are typically infused with highly concentrated CBD in order to make them pallateable, a little goes a long way.
Overall: Edibles are great if you want something fun and tasty, or if you need a lot of CBD per serving.
WHAT IS A TINCTURE?
Liquid form of CBD that can be taken orally. It’s by far the most popular form of CBD, thanks to its ease of use and versatility. Made with organic, premium coconut oil.
HOW TO USE?
Simply drop onto your tongue and swish for 90 seconds before swallowing. CBD will be absorbed sublingually (under the tongue) at first, and then in your stomach. Effects can be felt in ten to fifteen minutes and can last between two and six hours, depending on the strength. Benefits:
- Fast-Acting: CBD tinctures can get to work in just ten to fifteen minutes—perfect if you need to feel the effects of CBD quickly.
- Ease of Use: A few drops or sprays on or under the tongue is all it takes.
- Different Flavors and Concentrations Tinctures are offered in a variety of flavors and strengths, making the taste a little easier to stomach.
- Add to daily use products: Tinctures can easily be added to a variety of your regular daily use products: water, coffee, tea, etc…
- Great for Pets: CBD is rapidly growing for our 4-legged friends too, it supports a healthy coat, is an anti-inflamatory, and can support them all the same way it supports us!
WHAT IS TOPICAL?
Topicals are any products that can be absorbed through the skin such as:bLotions, balms, creams, deodorants, rubs and oils. When topicals are infused with CBD and applied to areas of skin they can offer localized relief of joint pain, muscle soreness, and inflammation.
HOW TO USE?
Simply rub the CBD topical over the desired area of your body ensuring it is fully covered. Benefits:
- Ease of Use: Topical CBD products are very easy to use as most people are often already familiar with applying these types of products in their daily routines.
- Long-Lasting: CBD topicals can be extremely effective as they can ease muscle and joint pain and calm irritated skin, for long periods of time depending on their strength.
- Targets a Specific Area: Topical CBD products allow you to quickly and effectively target a specific problem area.